Built By Kidz Parties™ run engaging, entertaining and educational woodworking workshops through primary school incursions across Sydney, including fun vacation care programs.
We organise primary school incursions, and deliver lessons designed for hands-on participation from young students. Because we offer exciting projects to work on, we promote practical knowledge of woodworking and mechanical principles.
We come to your centre or school, bringing all the required equipment! Under the careful supervision of our friendly, trained facilitators, students can explore and gain new skills in a safe environment.
Activities will teach students about length, area, and mass.
Children will grow their skills in:
– Set outbuildings to translate from house plans.
– Determine the area through measurement.
– Work out quantities of materials needed for a task, eg. tiles, carpet, flooring.
– Use different building materials based on weight or density.
Evidence has proven that real-life hands-on experience is the best way for children to retain knowledge and information, so we provide this through primary school incursions.
– Kids learn in different ways so this is personalised learning at its best.
– Our program covers the NSW Mathematics syllabus ‘Working Mathematically’.
– Helps prepare students for the NSW NAPLAN (Maths). The measurement aspect of the NAPLAN results is declining as shown in the recent results of the NAPLAN string.
– Most teachers ask students “If I were a builder…” in measurement and area questions, but don’t have the resources to explain. We bring all the materials for the students to interactively work out areas and measurements through fun activities.
– We supply activity sheets before primary school incursions to give the students a goal to work towards and a way to show their understanding of the ideas being taught.
Contact us Today For More Information Or To Book One Of Our Workshops!